Monday, May 26, 2014

Eighteen - Bitter/Sweet

This is going to be a tough week.

My eldest is graduating High School on Friday.

Connection. Family.
I will watch my daughter walk down an isle.
These big moments make me acutely aware that my mother is not with me.
As my children grow it makes me aware of my aging- plus today is my birthday.
I will have out of town guests, there will be a big party at my home.
I'm a worker. All this socializing tends to be more work than it needs to be. I want to stay focused on the connection of it rather that the execution. I have plenty of help, all I need to do is ask. Allowing myself to accept help will be a part of meditations this week. I am capable. If I stay focused on the connection rather than the execution I can realize that the physical part of it all doesn't need to be perfect. This is VERY challenging for me.

I will have to do the minimum when it comes to my physical training. This drives me crazy. Seriously crazy to the point that I convince myself it is better to just not do any training. Or not do things like this test, or not look at my data at all, or forget to practice what I teach. I have to give myself permission to just do the minimum to stay on track. That will be progress. In the personal growth area that will be MAJOR progress.

A busy schedule and entertaining historically are a diet recipe for disaster. Today I am prepping my meals for the 2nd week. This has had a huge impact on my first month of training. It will be one of the keys to keeping my intake on track any week but especially ones like these. In the next few weeks I will start posting about how I am doing that and successes/learning opportunities so far.

My list of what will help:
meal prep - do my reps - be realistic - consider my overwhelm's affect on others - stay grateful

- Be brave in facing connection.  That is it's own post. Or a book.

I want to stay awake and brave and vulnerable in these moments. Even when my heart is so filled with joy that it aches and I worry that it may burst. I want to let it open and break because that is how resilience grows. My heart, my love, my courage is like any muscle. It hurts and feels wonderful to push and make them stronger.    Bitter/Sweet

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Jennifer. Integrating the UBBT into our family's lives is always a challenge. I make hay when the sun shines and when family calls, I am always thankful for the extra reps I have done to pad my numbers. I approach my training as having two facets - maintenance and mastery. When I have the time and everything is going good, mastery is easy. When life interferes and I become overwhelmed, I turn to maintenance mode and hold the line.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Kind to Others, Kind to Ourselves

 Practice extending compassion to yourself... just as you would to another person. Remind yourself that it's okay to take a break and ch...