Monday, June 2, 2014

Looking Over Notes

With a crazy week behind me, yesterday I dug right in to see where I stand with reaching my goals. I keep a written calendar and journal. I have done that for as long as I can remember. Documenting your process is a huge factor in your outcome.

 It doesn't matter how you do it- paper, electronic, video, artfully....messily- just get it down. You can organize and figure it out later...JUST GET IT DOWN.

I have notes that I have made and have never looked at and likely never will revisit. I also have found inspiration, confirmation, rejuvenation, reexamination in others. Looking over data tells me what I need to know about where I am in the process. I have experienced many phases of not evaluating for lots of reasons, but I always come back to it. It makes me feel in control. That makes me feel safe. When I feel safe I can get creative and figure my way through it, even complicated and difficult things. When I feel lost and don't know where I am I feel anxious and depressed. Overwhelmed is the word that fits that feeling for me.
Overwhelmed sucks. Overwhelmed super-sucks.

Here is the quick overview:

Week 1
- getting the numbers
- requirements
- relationship of worthiness/earning
- #journeyof1Kmiles

Week 2
-Julia Hill webcast
-Courage is Contagious
-"We don't have to be perfect, just engaged and committed to aligning values with action."    Daring Greatly p.182 (Brene Brown)

Week 3
-meal prep
-first walk with Lee
-UBBT call 1
-knee swelling
-Zen Walking
-real confidence is not conditional

Week 4:
-talked to Len, started making contacts #1Korangestripes
-first evaluation & started new physical protocol
-at 1st adjustment feeling stronger
-thought and prepared for graduation week

I also looked at details I don't want to get lost and made notes.
Some discoveries:

-jotted down 17 things to talk about, blog about, share
-brainstormed ways to engage and build my circle of influence
-what is current...who can I support by sharing, donating, volunteering
-my schedule...when am I getting stuff done and what to add/subtract
-lots to follow up, and with lofty goals action is momentum

                                                                                                   

              An object at rest stays at rest
                      and an object in motion stays in motion
                                     with the same speed and direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind to Others, Kind to Ourselves

 Practice extending compassion to yourself... just as you would to another person. Remind yourself that it's okay to take a break and ch...