Monday, January 7, 2013

Becoming New

Becoming New

When fighting with enemies, if you get to feeling snarled up and are making no progress, you toss your mood away and think in your heart that you are starting everything anew. As you get the rhythm, you discern how to win. This is "becoming new."
Anytime you feel tension and friction building up between yourself and others, if you change your mind that very moment, you can prevail by the advantage of radical difference. This is "becoming new."
In large-scale military science, it is essential to understand becoming new. It is something that suddenly appears through the power in knowledge of martial arts. This must be well considered.

The Book Of Five Rings - Miyamoto Musashi 

My plan was to stay on this road, keep moving forward...no matter what came into my path. Then the holidays came and I stopped right where I was, even pulled over a little to let them pass. I feel discouraged, there is tension and friction built up between myself and this project. I look at my logs and it has been a month since I practiced my form. With push ups I made progress and now I am right back where I started.

Anytime you feel tension and friction building up between yourself and others, if you change your mind that very moment, you can prevail by the advantage of radical difference. This is "becoming new."

I will change my mind in this moment. I will move ahead, I will be radically different. In the past this is where I would have given up.

This is "becoming new."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind to Others, Kind to Ourselves

 Practice extending compassion to yourself... just as you would to another person. Remind yourself that it's okay to take a break and ch...